The scientific name of the herb is Salvia officinalis. And it is the perfect ally to purify the air in the house and any environment. The sage plant grows quite big, it can reach about 80 cm, the stems are straight, its daughters when healthy, are green and very thin.
When it blooms, you will enjoy beautiful purple flowers, which will have between 4 and 8 petals. This plant usually grows in dry climates, slopes and loves the sun.
Among its main benefits is the area of natural medicine. It is advisable to always have it at home, since it helps to relieve sore throat, is very good for digestion, and helps with mouth infections.
To use it in a medicinal way, you only have to cut about four or five leaves, wash them with abundant water and place them in a cup of boiling water. With this tea, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits.
Purify Your House With The Daughters Of The Sage
Many cultures around the world use sage to purify their environments, it is believed that the smoke helps to improve the energies of the different spaces in your home.
Although the main reason is for energy purposes, the truth is that the essential oils of this herb have already been shown to increase intellectual ability. Because burning sage in a space, it helps to enter a state of calm and clears the mind.
Also read: The Best 5 Flowers to Start Your Winter Garden and Renovate Your Home
Improve Your Home Environment With Sage
To purify a space you must follow the following steps.
- Ingredients: The first thing you need is to have a bunch of dried sage, to make it easier to tie with a cotton string.
- You must have a container to collect the falling ashes and a fan.
- Place the sage branch inside the container and with the help of a lighter start burning it, you can use the fan so that the fire starts burning.
- Then you must let it go out and little by little it will be consumed.
- The smoke that comes out of the bouquet is what will purify every room in your home.
- You must purify yourself first from head to toe and all the people inside your house.
- Begin to walk slowly through each place, from the living room to the last room. Use the fan to spread the smoke in every corner.
If someone is allergic to smoke, you can buy sage essential oil. If you have a humidifier, you can add a few drops and light it.
Another excellent option is to buy candles with sage essence and after cleaning your home you can light them in all the spaces and that’s it, you will get the same effect.
Translated and adapted by Noobuzz staff.